Announcing . . . new Certified Aging-In-Place Specialists in Black Mountain, NC!
We are proud to announce that our Sales Manager RJ Crai and Project Manager Mike Owens recently received their CAPS designation as Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists - an acclaimed credential program through the National Association of Home Builders. This multi-course curriculum provides education and technical training on independent living principles, design flexibility, accessibility features, and more.
This is part of Semper Fi Custom Remodeling's foundational principles: investing in continuing education for our team, so that we can continue to improve ourselves in order to best serve our clients!
What is Aging-in-Place, or Universal Design?
Aging-in-place means living in your home safely, independently and comfortably, regardless of age or ability level. A custom remodeling company can help make modifications to your home so that you can continue to enjoy it for years to come.
From a financial standpoint, the cost of a typical assisted living facility far outweighs the one-time cost of remodeling your home to ensure future accessibility. More importantly, the positive psychological and emotional impact of staying in the familiar surroundings of your existing home and community can't be overstated.
How could you update my home?
There are nearly endless possibilities, all depending on the individual home and the needs of the owners, but common features of Aging-in-Place design include:
- Bathroom updates, as this is the number one place for accidents in the home.
- Curbless walk-in showers, level style faucets, adding grab bars
- Kitchen updates that allow full accessibility for meal preparation, cooking, and storage
- Creating a bedroom and ensuite bathroom on the ground floor of a home
- Ensuring the ability to safely move around the interior and exterior of your home, including:
- Fewer or no stairs; addition of handrails; improved lighting and walkways; slip-resistant flooring; widened hallways and doorways